Today we will tell you how to make Double Fruit Cake with Fudge Frosting. The ingredients which are used in making this recipe are mentioned below. Please follow the same procedure and give your feedback in the comment section.
- Flour 2 cups
- Baking soda 1 tsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1 1/3 cup
- Eggs 2
- Unsweetened chocolate melted 3 ozs
- Milk 1 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp.
- Mixed fruit tin 1
Ingredients for Fudge Frosting:
- Unsweetened chocolate 3 ozn
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 3 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Light corn syrup 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence 1 1/2 tsp.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together.
- Then beat the butter and sugar with the egg beater until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate and blend in well. Add the mixture with the milk and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla essence. Divide the batter between the two cake pans. Bake for about 30 minutes. at 180 degree.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let them cool for about 10 min. before turning them out.
Preparation Fudge Frosting:
- Place all the ingredients except butter and essence in a saucepan over very low heat and stir constantly until the frosting boils.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the butter and vanilla essence and cool to lukewarm.
- Then beat the frosting until it is thick enough to spread.
- Spread the frosting and fruit on cake layers and make a sandwich and spread frosting on top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate with fruit and biscuits if desired.